WoodSolutions Seminar: Innovation in Timber Constructions
September 2015, Swinburne University, Hawthorn Victoria
Registered users - download pdf files of presentations below, registration is fast and free.
New innovative timber construction techniques are today increasingly being used around the world as designers and manufacturers continue to push the boundaries with new timber systems, construction approaches and products.
This free seminar focussed on Innovation in Timber and showcase a range of current and new product and design approaches for both structural and appearance applications for residential, multi-residential and commercial applications.
Architectural, engineering and industry experts discussed:
- innovative architectural timber design approaches,
- new engineered timber structural systems (lightweight, heavy timber & mass panel and composite solutions),
- advanced timber connection methods and design tools,
- rapid prefabricated timber construction solutions, and
- the multitude of new timber appearance products from flooring, lining, screening, to external cladding.
The seminar was held at Swinburne University of Technology and featured the opportunity to hear about the design process and inspect the amazing timber domed Factory of the Future and the state-of-the-art design facilities within Swinburne's Advanced Manufacturing and Design Centre.
This seminar was created for building and design professionals including: architects, building designers, engineers, certifiers, builders, regulators, educators and students.