World Engineers Convention 2019
WhenWednesday, November 20, 2019 - 08:00 to Friday, November 22, 2019 - 17:00
WhereMelbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf
Cost$1,250 (members); $1,450 (non members); $295 (student members); $595 (student non members) group discounts available, single day tickets also available
Engineering a Sustainable World: The Next 100 Years
World Engineers Convention 2019 will be held in Australia, the home of iconic engineering projects from the Sydney Opera House to the Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric scheme.
Hear national and international speakers reflect on the legacy of engineering achievements over the past 100 years — and define the future of engineering disciplines for the next 100 years . At this event, co-hosted by Engineers Australia and the World Federation of Engineering Organisations, you’ll build networks with leaders in global engineering practice. All while enjoying the natural beauty and quality of life for which Australia is world-renowned. Explore issues affecting societies in both developing and developed countries – and join the conversation to identify comprehensive solutions.
The convention program will offer three full days of content featuring six themes aligning to the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This is a unique opportunity to take an integrated approach to solve many of the problems that the world is facing – all of them requiring engineering.
- Theme 1: How new technology and innovations are reshaping engineering
- Theme 2: Engineering for humanity: responsive design for greater liveability
- Theme 3: Fostering diversity and inclusion
- Theme 4: Preparing the next generation of engineers
- Theme 5: Engineering leadership, governance and influence
- Theme 6: Our changing climate: mitigation, resilience and adaptation