WCTE 2016 - Engineers PostGrad Bursary Available
The biennial World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE) is the premier international event for both practicing and academic timber engineers
$3,500 bursary for post-grad engineering students to attend WCTE 2016
An outstanding opportunity for post-grad-students - the biennial World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE) is the premier international event for both practicing and academic timber engineers. The 2016 event will be in Vienna, Austria from 22 – 25 August and FWPA, through WoodSolutions, are offering up to eight $3,500 bursaries to cover the cost of registration and attendance.
Up to eight students may be chosen to attend the conference allocating a bursary of $3,500 for each student to cover conference fees and travel/accommodation costs. The student registration fee is 440 Euros (approximately A$700). To take advantage of the student price they will need to show their Student ID Card at the conference.
The potential students must be undertaking a Masters or PhD with Timber as the main theme of the research. The additional funds will assist with expenses in attending (travel/accommodation).
For further information on the conference registration please click here:
Participant/Student registration fee includes:
- Participation in the conference program
- Program, Book of Abstracts, and Proceedings
- Conference materials (conference bag, name badge)
- Coffee breaks and lunches
- Attendance at the Meet and Greet on August 21, 2016 at the University of Vienna
- Attendance at the Opening Ceremony on August 22, 2016 in the Festive Hall of the Hofburg2
- Attendance at the Welcome Cocktail on August 22, 2016 in the Arcade Court of the University of Vienna2
FWPA will also arrange a dinner for attendees and guests. Details will be provided closer to the time.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Dr Fred Moshiri at email@example.com
Applicants must answer the following questions in not more than one A4 page and include it in their applications.
- Why are you interested in participation in the World Conference on Timber Engineering?
- Why should FWPA send you to the World Conference on Timber Engineering?
- How would you spread the knowledge and information that you obtain during the conference?
The one A4 page should also contain details of your timber themed research, your contact details, the University you attend, school and facility. The name and contact details of your University’s supervisor must also be included for verification purposes.
It is expected that successful recipients of the bursary will use twitter and Facebook during the conference and after the conference, will write a short report on their experience for publication on the WoodSolutions website.
Applications close: 1st July, 2016.
All applicants must be Australian citizens or have residence status. Applicants with student visa only are not eligible to apply. Evidence of residence status maybe requested.